Saturday, April 9, 2011

If you follow me on Twitter, I better know where I am going

I finally did it, I joined the Twitter community.

It was easier than I ever thought possible, and it took a mere 5 minutes. Now I went in search of some good tips on Twitter etiquette to help me get started. First off, I went to Twitip.com that boast 128,000 followers and 29,878 subscribers. I figured that this was a good place to go for some basics. The site has lots of easy and quick tips to help beginners over their twitter jitters including defining your Twitter goals.

Now that really hit me - setting Twitter Goals!

Like everything else, we must know where we are going into order to set a clear path, measure our progress, and achieve results. Aimless wandering is a mind in search of a direction, and that explains why some Twitter traffic is just not worth following. For me to engage people who actually care about following me, I had better set some clear objectives and goals. 



So, after reading a Twitter beginner's guide, I established the following  goals?

·         I want to build my personal brand
·         I want to be seen as an expert in IMC
·         I want to drive traffic to my business
·         I want to find new readers for my blog

What are your Twitter goals?




1 comment:

  1. After reading this post, I will definitely check out Twitip.com. It sounds like some practical advice for beginners on Twitter. Setting goals is a great idea as well as a great way to measure the worthiness of following others (and expectations for others following us). It seems pointless to follow someone who doesn't know where they're going, so setting goals is a logical place to start.

    ReplyDelete